Status
Not open for further replies.

rapiddecline

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Hello,
Norton ghost 2003 emergency boot disk(s) will not allow more than C partition to be visible. It appears that the CD for Symantec may be corrupted as booting from a floppy or booting from an imaged CD doesn't keep the CD/DVD visible after pc dos is started.

Have uninstalled Norton System works multiple times and each re-installation creates the same problems.

Also tried installing Norton System Works 2003, but ghost doesn't install correctly, either.

Any help will be appreciated, Thank you.

You need to make sure the bootable disk has the CD drive drivers loading at startup. The instructions on creating the bootable disk for Norton should have some info on how to do that. From the sound of things that is your issue.

More info on this is here http://www.onecomputerguy.com/install/floppies.htm, about half way down the page about adding CD drivers. Other resources are available too including http://www.bootdisk.com/. Although the norton program should have an option in it to create a bootable disk automatically.

rapiddecline

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Afer submitting the question, I also asked a neighbor who's a pro on these kind of things. His answer was that when the software is installed it must be registered(each time) otherwise Symantec sends an instruction for the corruption of some of the files.

Point being that for 7 years or longer I had not re-registered the software, when re-installing( new systems, HDD etc.,) and glibly assumed everything was Aok, but can't recall any of the images viewed being useable. Particularly, when there was an OS crash- oh the pain of re-installing....

After posing the question I abandoned Ghost and am using Paragon software, it is cool, it functions and there appear to be no hassles- so maybe my next sytem crash will be (almost) painless.

I appreciate the responses and have provided this information in the hopes it may save someone else some aggravation.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS