It is UFO.
Unidentified Flying Object.
Unidentified = not yet recognized ... true
Flying = self explanatory ... true
Object = everything is an object ... true

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]It is UFO.Unidentified Flying Object.Unidentified = not yet recognized ... trueFlying = self explanatory ... trueObject = everything is an object ... true[/citation]

Indeed. -Now- it's an IFO, but people seem to automatically assume 'UFO' means aliens.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]It is UFO.Unidentified Flying Object.Unidentified = not yet recognized ... trueFlying = self explanatory ... trueObject = everything is an object ... true[/citation]

Beat me to it, but it isn't a UFO anymore.

Imagine seeing that though!

Socnom

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
Yes, how dumb the Norwegians are for looking up in the sky and NOT recognizing it was a malfunctioning Russian rocket.

Again with a bad news title. An accurate title would be, Norwegians Identify UFO. You cannot mistake something you do not know. Mistake implies having knowledge of but then misrepresenting that knowledge unintentionally.

G

I saw a UFO yesterday. It was long, with broad wings that moved in vertical motions. I later identified it as a Canada Goose.

scryer_360

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
@Socnom: firstly "mistake" can be used in multiple ways. If you do not know what something is and then make a guess as to what it is, which is what Norwegians did, then you are mistaken.

Its just common the way the word is commonly used in English speaking countries.

G

The day a UFO actually is captured in detail, and flying through matter, I think I might believe...
Why do UFO's only fly high, and are always recorded with lousy camera's?

Perhaps all this UFO business was nothing more than spy sattelites and mini planes. In some cases it's a recording of a scene behind a window.
Any source of light behind the window is reflected, and recorded as if there somewhere magically appears a dot of light in the sky!

adribhel

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
Norfag here:

Most norwegians did NOT assume this was an alien spacecraft (ofcourse some did,) most people believed it was a missile. At first the Russians couldn't comfirm what it was (almost saying they had no idea) leaving the retarded ones to belive it was alien's and even Santa Claus.

adribhel

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
Norfag here:

Most norwegians did NOT assume this was an alien spacecraft (ofcourse some did,) most people believed it was a missile. At first the Russians couldn't comfirm what it was (almost saying they had no idea) leaving the retarded ones to belive it was alien's and even Santa Claus.

Status
Not open for further replies.