Not A Build: Looking for a new Laptop, Price is not a concern

ikarruss

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
I know far less than most of you. I'm looking to purchase a new laptop and want to know what hardware (CPU, graphics cards, etc.) to look for since I know very little about them.

Date: probably w/in next 4 months
Budget: not an issue
Usage: Password cracking (no, not illegally), coding, possibly some gaming, some movies.
Priorities (high to low): 1 - processing speed (pwd cracking and multiple applications run at once), 2 - RAM, 3 - graphics, 4 - size (i.e., weight), 5 - cost

Suggestions?

ikarruss

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
Not bad. I just heard for the first time about the Skylake processors, but don't know much about them. And I've never heard of getting 64gb of ram, that's awesome. And I don't mind bulk. Something's gotta cool the beast. Thanks

ineuw

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
I don't know about if your specific requirement are met, but if money is no object, as far as quality and OS stability, nothing beats a Macbook. You can find decent answers to your questions from an Apple/Macbook forum.

ikarruss

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016

already have a macbook. decent CPU, but not the best. it also has only HD, no SSD and limited storage. though the newer ones are certainly improved. they still don't have top notch CPUs however.

ineuw

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
I agree that they don't offer the fastest cpu's but I had an opportunity to use the latest ~13" regular Macbook which now has SSD and it was very impressive, This includes speed, the screen quality, the thinness and the lightness.

TRENDING THREADS