Not getting settings option when I open my files

Sussanah56

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016
Wanting to set SD card as default for downloading on my Samsung tab E, but after following Tom's guide I am not getting settings option when I tap three lines so can't continue, help.

Solution
Try going into "settings" then "Storage" and change the default write disk to the "SD card".

NOTE: Before you try this (if the option is in there), you may want to back up anything that is on the card, because making this change could cause the SD card to be formatted when the change is made, and you would lose the data.

If this option is not there, there is no way to do this on your device, short of rooting it. Many devices running older OS's can't do it. I personally wouldn't recommend rooting.

Try going into "settings" then "Storage" and change the default write disk to the "SD card".

NOTE: Before you try this (if the option is in there), you may want to back up anything that is on the card, because making this change could cause the SD card to be formatted when the change is made, and you would lose the data.

If this option is not there, there is no way to do this on your device, short of rooting it. Many devices running older OS's can't do it. I personally wouldn't recommend rooting.

Solution