Not recognized RAM after moving PC to another place

forux

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
So here is my case.
I've bought a used PC month ago. While buying it had 4 GB of RAM as told. When i brang it home, i connected all cables and turned him on, and BOOM.. It magicaly has 2 GB of RAM.
So i opened him, replaced RAM sticks on slots and i dicovered my DIMM 1 is not workiing, so both RAM sticks were working but RAM slot isn't. So i looked at that slot and so 1 PIN was bent.

Can anyone pls explain me what happend there ?

So here is my Configuration
MB : Medion MS-7800
CPU: Amd A8 5500

Solution
Superdavebear may be right. Someone might have tried to put the wrong module in there or the coreect module but in the wrong way. I'm not sure, but try to bend it back to normal using his method. If it doesn't work, unplug ALL cables and devices (HDDs, SSDs, USB flash drives etc.) and press & hold the power button for ~1 min. This should remove all the "flea power" (remaining power on the system).

After completing the step above, try my suggestion.

sign_warning.png
sign_warning_voltage.png

(WARNING: Proceed at your own risk. By doing the suggestion described below, a short...
Feb 18, 2018
either someone tried to force the wrong type of module in, or tried to force the correct one in the wrong way. If it isn't too bad, you could exercise the socket by putting the module in and out and maybe the spring action action may realign the pins. Since this is a low end board, replacement is an option too.

Feb 11, 2018
Superdavebear may be right. Someone might have tried to put the wrong module in there or the coreect module but in the wrong way. I'm not sure, but try to bend it back to normal using his method. If it doesn't work, unplug ALL cables and devices (HDDs, SSDs, USB flash drives etc.) and press & hold the power button for ~1 min. This should remove all the "flea power" (remaining power on the system).

After completing the step above, try my suggestion.

sign_warning.png
sign_warning_voltage.png

(WARNING: Proceed at your own risk. By doing the suggestion described below, a short circuit may or may not occur. If it occurs, you may "fry" DIMM1, part of or the whole motherboard. In order to not have a short circuit as long as possible, please make sure that you have drained all the remaining power from the motherboard by completing step 1 (unplug everything from the system and press & hold the power button for approx. 1 min). If something unfortunate happens, I'm not responsible for any damage. So, please make again sure that you have completed step 1.)

After you have read the warning, try the following method. Work it with a screwdriver or a plastic stick. I have fixed a bent battery pin on my brother's old phone using a screwdriver and it worked perfectly well. I just had to insert the battery in a proper way. Your "proper way" may differ depending on the situation and the RAM module.

Hope this helped!

Solution