May 8, 2015
Guys, I wanted to upgrade my Notebook PC's CPU and GPU.
Can you please check whether it is possible.
The socket type is FP2 for the CPU.
------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
BIOS: F.15
Processor: AMD A10-4655M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7366MB RAM
Page File: 2237MB used, 12552MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7620G + HD 8600M Dual Graphics
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon HD 7620G (0x9907)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9907&SUBSYS_216C103C&REV_00
Display Memory: 6228 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2772 MB
Shared Memory: 3456 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown

Solution
That's pretty much the top CPU you can get in that socket. Only thing you can do to speed up the laptop is to replace the hard drive with a solid state one if it has a regular drive now. That won't help in game performance if that is what you are looking to speed up though.
That's pretty much the top CPU you can get in that socket. Only thing you can do to speed up the laptop is to replace the hard drive with a solid state one if it has a regular drive now. That won't help in game performance if that is what you are looking to speed up though.

Solution
May 8, 2015

But can I upgrade the GPU?

Wisecracker

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
But can I upgrade the GPU?

I'd say your chances are good -- that the chipset may have a PCIe connection for a discreet Radeon mobility video card.

In the battery 'cavity' you will likely find the 'official' HP model number of your laptop. You can likely find the service manual at HP support for your laptop.

It should reference whether your laptop is capable of 'dual-graphics' (the APU running together with a discreet card). You would then have to choose whether you would like to engage in dual-graphics ... or install a much more power mobile discreet.

The service manual will also explain how to R&R your laptop HDD --- with an SSD!

May 8, 2015

Actually my laptop already runs on Dual Graphics.
AMD A10-4655M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Thats my APU.
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7620G + HD 8600M Dual Graphics
Basically I want to know whether it is possible you replace the current GPU with a better one.
And I checked the Service manual. There's not even a singe mention of the GPU. Only the APU. And my APU is a Discreet one according to the manual. The manual is for the enter line of computers in that series. That also includes the Intel versions. I think that's why they haven't mentioned the GPU.