Faris Azman

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
i have the MSI GE60 2PL APACHE notebook, what can i upgrade on my notebook to make it more powerful for gaming. for example, upgrading the RAM or something with the CPU or GPU etc. please help me, thank you.

Solution
I think the video card in that model is non-removable so no upgrade there. You won't get much with a CPU upgrade, and you probably have 8 gig or more of RAM already which is plenty and won't make a speed difference that you can tell at all. Use the laptop as is for a few years, then get a newer one.
I think the video card in that model is non-removable so no upgrade there. You won't get much with a CPU upgrade, and you probably have 8 gig or more of RAM already which is plenty and won't make a speed difference that you can tell at all. Use the laptop as is for a few years, then get a newer one.

Solution
I can't find any info regarding if the GPU is upgradeable. You need to call MSI to find out. Mostly it will not be upgradeable because the vast majority (98%+) of laptops sold with dedicated graphics will be soldered into the laptop. The CPU is Core i5/i7 "H" model CPU is definitely not upgradeable because it is soldered into the motherboard.

Upgrading RAM beyond 8GB generally has no effect for games.