NSA Implies Anonymous Plan to Attack U.S. Power Grid

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I don't believe their that stupid, more like nsa wants a more founds using scare tactics like they always have while the politicians ofcorse grants more access to the taxpayers money!

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
I feel like they are planning on disrupting the US power grids themselves and are preemptively painting Anonymous as the scapegoat to justify whatever ridiculous laws they will implement as a result.

Kamab

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
The real issue is why are our power grids designed in such a way that they could ever be subject to cyber attacks.

Most likely the answer is they are not, and if they are =\.
#youaredesigningitwrong

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Take Anonymous down for good!! They think they can play God on networks. You cant justify what they do. Try me. I am sure some of you have some good excuses for them. Yeah, they did do some good stuff but they did alot more bad stuff. Like I said they cant play God. By the way, show your faces you bunch of cowards. Don't hide behind your computer. The real world is out there.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]Kamab[/nom]The real issue is why are our power grids designed in such a way that they could ever be subject to cyber attacks.Most likely the answer is they are not, and if they are =\.#youaredesigningitwrong[/citation]Considering the state of the power grid it wouldn't take much to disable it. There hasn't been much grid improvement since the 2003 blackout.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I simply don't believe this nonsense.

"The NSA has declined to comment on the matter, and likely would bristle at comparisons to claims made in 2003 that Iraq possessed weapons of Mass Destruction."

This in the other hand (although it was proven FAKE) it had a more believable story.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
That makes no sense for them to do. Why would they intentionally take out the power to people that support them? They'd do more harm to their cause than good and they are smarter than that.

monsta

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Labelling them as terrorists is a sneaky move, and making up stories like this makes the NSA look really stupid.
Another FAKE...

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Before anyone starts shouting FAKE and its stupid for anonymous to take out the power grid, I think many of you are forgetting Anonymous is a collective group consisting of members from around the world. They are not all in sync with each other and it is very conceivable that factions within Anonymous, who have no ties to the US power grid, would like to attempt a US blackout.

There's enough hate within Anonymous to do just about every possible stupid thing imaginable and their actions come at the cost of the innocent people who would suffer from their actions (ie hacking into accounts, selling cc info, releasing secret documentation that put others at risk, etc).

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
officeguy 02/24/2012 7:19 PM

Take Anonymous down for good!! They think they can play God on networks. You cant justify what they do. Try me. I am sure some of you have some good excuses for them. Yeah, they did do some good stuff but they did alot more bad stuff. Like I said they cant play God. By the way, show your faces you bunch of cowards. Don't hide behind your computer. The real world is out there.

Hiding their face isn't stupid, it's smart. Standing up for something they believe in, instead of just crying about it, is smart. If more people would've done this to start off with, the US GOVT wouldn't be as worthless as the people that vote for them.

Most of ALL OF THE PROBLEMS we have in this country is because people don't want to lift a finger, much like yourself. You just want to complain, blame someone other than yourself and think the grass is greener on the other side. Not that you would actually bother doing anything to make it greener.

Unfortunately, voting isn't doing anything. How much more proof do you need that the voting system is rigged. Just look at what happened in MAINE these past few weeks. MAINE GOP called Mitt Romney the winner, while it has been PROVEN that they didn't count ANY of the delgates that Ron Paul won and one delegate had to delay voting a week due to weather. But don't worry... your political party can be trusted. :sarcasm:

Occupy Wallstreet is probably the most important stand up against the political complex since hippy's were actually hippys (and since have sold out to what they once fought against). To point the finger and say "these guys are stupid" is simple buying in to the exact system that the Republicans and the Democrats have put us in.

So if you want to blame someone, look in the mirror. Get out of your house and stand up for what you believe in...otherwise SHUT UP.

mikemp3

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Anyone whom takes a negative stance and or action to or against the USA (Gods on there side) is a 'Terrorist' by definition. God wills it.

nekoangel

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
[citation][nom]rawful[/nom]I feel like they are planning on disrupting the US power grids themselves and are preemptively painting Anonymous as the scapegoat to justify whatever ridiculous laws they will implement as a result.[/citation]
There are already laws in place that will the government to list those affiliated with such kinds of cyber attacks as terrorists and how terrorists are treated.

Status
Not open for further replies.