Nvida Share is completely broken... tried almost everything I could come up with.

LuckyTheLadyBug

Estimable
Jul 5, 2015
I cannot open Nvidia share at all. I go to the little icon, nothing happens. I go to settings, nothing happens. I turn nvidia share off and try to turn it back "on" and it says to me "That didn't work. Try restarting your system". That also did nothing. 

Things I have tried:
Manually uninstalling drivers and re installing
Using DDU
Deleting everything Nvidia on my computer and then using DDU 
Deleting everything Nvidia, using DDU, and purging my registry of all things Nvidia.
Going to old drivers and Nvida Geforce Experience versions. 

At this point I am at a total loss and have no more ideas. 

Thanks for any help!

LuckyTheLadyBug

Estimable
Jul 5, 2015

Yeah that's my last resort. I just did a fresh install a few months ago and I REALLY don't want to go through every program and configure it again. Not to mention all the time it takes to redownload games.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

How many drives or partitions do you have? I keep my games and misc. programs on Drive D and Documents and Media Files on Drive E. Makes reinstalling Windows so much easier and has me back up and running the same day. The only trick is to keep backup copies of your games hidden folders from ProgramData and AppData and recreating shortcuts..

Another option would be... Reinstall Windows... then install all your drivers and hardware programs... then once everything in installed again and looks Perfect.... CREATE AN IMAGE BACKUP. Then keep this backup as your Goto in case you ever have problems... Don't amend to it or anything.. just keep it as-is.

LuckyTheLadyBug

Estimable
Jul 5, 2015

I did the backup image thing with this recent re-install. But I fear that if I use that image I will have the same issue.

EDIT: I have two SSDs and an HDD. The games and programs are scattered on all three.