Solved! nvidia control panel wont let me choose my graphics card over integrated graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2018
if i disable my integrated graphics it makes my resolution go wack and runs games with screen zoomed in, then the nvidia control panel wont open because it says im not using a nvidia GPU on my laptop. Ive had the laptop for a year now and it used to run everything perfect but i can hardly run anything now. I have a GTX 965M and Intel HD graphics 530 with an I7. PUBG runs at 15 fps tops with all low settings. Please help ive looked online and cant find anything that helps.

Solution
Sounds like your other GPU may be having problems. Which could mean it needs replacing. Have you tried updating the drivers? And does the system even recognize the other card?

Try this....

A. Uninstall, and then reinstall, the latest graphics card driver.
B. Make sure that your Nvidia graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Nvidia Control Panel".
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want...
Sounds like your other GPU may be having problems. Which could mean it needs replacing. Have you tried updating the drivers? And does the system even recognize the other card?

Try this....

A. Uninstall, and then reinstall, the latest graphics card driver.
B. Make sure that your Nvidia graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Nvidia Control Panel".
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

Once it is running on the right one, test the system again and see if the problem persists.

If it won't work, then again I say the GPU may be the problem.

Solution
May 13, 2018

This didnt end up working. I dont know whats wrong with it. The hdmi went out a while ago so i havent been able to use a monitor lately either, but i dont understand what could have caused it except for how hot my laptop gets while i play

Status
Not open for further replies.