Nvidia CUDA 2.0 Delivers Photoshop Plug-in Acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
Impressive. Actually surprised this works at all. Divx and H.264 (recode) acceleration will be killer!
Since I have a 8800GT, I have more reason to buy Photoshop (even with a few bugs when the GPU is used). I don't see why Adobe will be upset. I've seen this kind of strange reaction before.
Any-case, the future of GPU acceleration looks bright!

G

Finally!! Now computation intensive operations can be made faster by the very high parallel processing capability of graphic chip.

G

QUIT putting links in articles that don't work. You guys do it all the time. Does nobody proofread anything at Tom's Guide/hardware?

(the adobe upset link)

G

Good to hear more uses are being found for this stuff, though I do wish that the OpenCL / DirectX 11 standards would hurry up and be out soon. This CUDA / ATI Stream divide in the GPGPU world is just not good for anyone..

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I think they tried to say Adobe was upset because their employees leaked hardware acceleration when in fact all they were doing was "trying to get it to work." It is really bad for a company to be stuck in a position like this, rumors swirl and if they fail to meet them later there's a backlash.

Anyways, I agree with the above comment, however it seems we will eventually get to an open standard for hardware acceleration which will work on both nvidia and ati hardware. It's just a matter of time and in the meantime it's good to see nvidia pushing cuda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS