Nvidia DET 43.45 Wake up problem + a few

redstar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2001
I installed my video drivers by first clicking uninstall and rebooting. Standard VGA came up...fine. Installed latest detonator drivers only to be told i still had an old version present..I clicked install anyway (since i had uninstalled them already).

The drivers fixed a ton of "NV" errors like:
GR SW Notify Error on 0002 beef5601 00000096 00000e00 028e028e 00010000

BUT, now i CAN'T wake up my computer.
I will move my mouse/press wake button ...and my keyboard will light up/the mouse will light up the system will make its usual wake up noise....the screen will go a light dark...
but Instead of the desktop becoming visable at that point, the monitor light will just start flashing again. At this point i have to reboot.

Also (perhaps related), when i try and close my defragger tool ..MMC always generates an access violation error now :(

And lastly..after the driver installation..I am not able to click on the 85hz refresh rate for 1024*768. I can only do it if i uncheck hide unsupported refresh rates and ignore the warning. Previously i had no such problem.

-----
I am using win2kpro sp 3.

(video gard is a MSI geoforce 2)

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I believe if you install the drivers manually, then update the driver threw device manager it won’t tell you there is still a driver to uninstall. Just make a NVIDIA folder in C:/ and extract the driver to it using winzip.

Glad to see it fix some errors for you, but I don’t know why it won’t wake up now.. I had that happen to me once or twice, but if this is happening every time then something is wrong. A half a$$ guess would be to reinstall DirectX, mobo chip VIA or other, and last the video card driver either manually or with out uninstalling the driver. Maybe someone els has a more certain suggesting, but that’s what I would do and if I still had problems I would search further.

Defragger tool MMC error. Maybe the above will fix this to. Can you reinstall it?

Hopefully I’ll be a little surer on this one. You’re 85hz refresh rate.. I have a Iiyama monitor and the same then will happen if I’m using the default monitor drivers, solution go to the monitor manufacture and download the latest driver.

When you feel that reality does not suit you, live a fantasy life.

redstar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2001
thanks for the response.

Clarification: It's the actual Nvidia setup that complains my old drivers are still present...even though i did uninstall them properly.
In all my years of updatiung drivers, i've not had this problem.

as to the 85Hz problem, I already have the actual monitor inf file installed. 1st time i've had this problem after a driver update also. Usually it just reinstalls itself. This time it asked me for my floppy. I also dwnloaded the one from the samsung site...it was the same.

I am showing no errors in my event log...everything says fine in device manager.

Its a real mystery because i have never had wake up problems in the 2 years i have had this system.

I suppose i will get around to reinstalling my video drivers.. :) but right now i'm afraid the system will just become more unstable.

Its not exactly comforting to get inexplicable errors.

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'd download a fresh copy of the drivers, just in case they were corrupted during the previous download, and as jiffy mentioned, extract them in a folder with an upzipping program, and avoid using the setup.exe in the driver package to install the files, which often causes problems of this nature. Instead, once the files are extracted into a clean folder, update the display adapter through the device manager and browse to the folder that contains the extracted files.

Toey

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=328&s=91c282f2e5207e99b7a652ee13b3512a" target="_new"><font color=green>My System Rigs</font color=green></A>

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/" target="_new"><b><font color=purple>BTVILLARIN.com</font color=purple></b></A> - <i><font color=orange>Your Computer Questions Answered</font color=orange></i>