Nvidia Display Driver stopped responding and has Recovered

JL_95

Estimable
Dec 20, 2015
My Cyberpower Laptop randomly started receiving "Nvidia Display Driver has stopped responding and has Recovered" this only happens upon upgrading the driver to anything above 355.98.
So I clean installed Nvidia driver 355.98 but after doing that I can no longer run any games as I still receive the error and my laptop freezes and I then have to hard reset.
E.g. CSGO - Loading screen goes black then freezes my laptop have to hard reset. (Can't "CTRL+ALT+DEL").

Specs:
CPU - INTEL i7-4710MQ CPU - 2.5GHZ
RAM - 16GB
DISPLAY DRIVER - INTEL(R) HD GRAPHICS 4600 - (UP TO DATE DRIVER)
GPU - NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 860M
Resolution - 1920x1080
Windows 10

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
your gpu is getting too hot....that's happened to me on my laptop and desktop a few times, especially when i overclocked the gpu...it seems that the cooling is not enough....there is software out there that will allow you to under-clock your gpu.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
don't do that just yet...uninstall the new driver and reinstall the old one...make sure you preform a clean install...if the problem is fixed then you know that your card is ok....if the problem still occurs then your have a bad card....

JL_95

Estimable
Dec 20, 2015
Just tried it right now upon upgrading there was no display driver and I could run CSGO without crashing on the loading screen and having to hard reset. Right now it is running smoothly. I believe this was the solution from today's update. Thank you! If there are any issues I will let you know if thats okay? Thanks again :)