Nvidia GeForce Experience ShadowPlay not allowing Webcam

akruet227

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
I've tried out ShadowPlay with my GTX 760 and it has worked really well. I had just gotten a new Logitech webcam and I was wondering how I can figure out how to use it with ShadowPlay so I can record myself while I'm playing games are recording those too. The webcam works fine with Skype, but when I tried the function keys to enable webcam recording, nothing happened

Solution
I believe as of right now, the camera function only works for Twitch broadcasting. Kind of a bummer, as I was hoping I can use it for offline recording as well. Hopefully Nvidia will enable this in the future

RandomUs3er

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
I believe it only records voices, not actual skype video. But, on geforce experience, you can change the shadowplay recording option to using another hotkey.(I BELIEVE< HAVENT USED SKYPE AND SHADOWPLAY)

sifumessiah

Estimable
Mar 29, 2014

did this get resolved as I too want to record face while using shadowplay but it tells me that other software is using the webcam however, the webcam doesn't work while recording, only streaming?

CFRTim

Estimable
Apr 4, 2014
I believe as of right now, the camera function only works for Twitch broadcasting. Kind of a bummer, as I was hoping I can use it for offline recording as well. Hopefully Nvidia will enable this in the future

Solution