NVIDIA Geforce GTX-860M VS GTX 660 SLI

Atiff Chaker

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013
Hi,

I'm about to buy Lenovo Idea-pad Y50 Notebook which has GTX 860M , I heard it's a fine card however I'm running 2x gtx 660 SLI in my desktop computer .

Will i notice a huge difference in games ? Of course i expect a nice drop in Fps in some games , but what about games like GW2 - Archeage - the crew ?

Solution
There are two different versions of the GTX 860M. One uses the same Kepler architecture as the desktop GTX 660, and features a heavily cut-down GK104 that should perform roughly comparably to the desktop GTX 660. So obviously two GTX 660s in SLI would be much more powerful.

The other version of the GTX 860M uses the newer Maxwell architecture, but that's mostly an efficiency improvement; performance isn't going to be any better, because it uses the same GM107 GPU as the desktop GTX 750 Ti (which is slightly slower than the GTX 660).

Sakkura

Distinguished
There are two different versions of the GTX 860M. One uses the same Kepler architecture as the desktop GTX 660, and features a heavily cut-down GK104 that should perform roughly comparably to the desktop GTX 660. So obviously two GTX 660s in SLI would be much more powerful.

The other version of the GTX 860M uses the newer Maxwell architecture, but that's mostly an efficiency improvement; performance isn't going to be any better, because it uses the same GM107 GPU as the desktop GTX 750 Ti (which is slightly slower than the GTX 660).

Solution