Paul2000

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
I have an ASUS laptop with an Intel Core i7 and a GT740M, or at least, that's what the stickers say. I tried installing the driver but it says it can't detect a compatible card.
5UT6eAO.png

Solution
This happened to me before.

Go to Device Manager, try finding Display Adapters. If it is not there, restart your computer. If it is, right click on your graphics card and there should be an option to update it.

Restart your computer, and try again. The computer isn't detecting the video driver which may resolve the issue.

If this problem persists, I will be on tommorow on my computer as I am currently using my smartphone.

Thank you

Paul2000

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
I'm pretty sure i can't update a driver that is not installed at all. And i it is allowed. But, I found out that the 3D Video Controller driver is missing, and I'm trying to find it, though all the Google results are in russian for some reason.

FuturePilot

Estimable
Jun 11, 2014
This happened to me before.

Go to Device Manager, try finding Display Adapters. If it is not there, restart your computer. If it is, right click on your graphics card and there should be an option to update it.

Restart your computer, and try again. The computer isn't detecting the video driver which may resolve the issue.

If this problem persists, I will be on tommorow on my computer as I am currently using my smartphone.

Thank you

Solution

Paul2000

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

There is only the Intel HD Graphics 4000 and it's driver is up to date.

Paul2000

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

Sorry for the late response. I took a look at dxdiag, still the Intel HD one, but the laptop model is different there compared to the stickers, which may be wrong. There it says it is a K56CM. So, maybe there is no actual nvidia card, and the stickers are wrong. God Damn stickers... Thanks

Paul2000

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

nope, same message