Hey guys, so I recently bought a laptop from newegg and I've been playing DS3 since it came out. Towards the beginning it worked perfectly, there were no frame rate issues. Later on it kept telling me I couldn't play online because my frame rate was hitting 10-20 FPS. At this point I had updated the driver to the nvidia geforce driver 364.82 and it worked perfect at 1097 MHz. Shortly after, on the next day, the same problem occurred. I was playing and the frame rate issue came up again, I checked the MHz and now it was at 405 MHz. Any way that any of you can help me? If so I'd really appreciate it!
Was this happening while the laptop is connected to its charger or not? Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager then uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do set Nvidia as the default GPU first.
- Then change the Power Management settings.
- Here's how: http/nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3130/~/setting-power-management-mode-from-adaptive-to-maximum-performance