Nvidia Refocuses on Android with Tegra 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColliSions

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
I loled at that too, but I'm glad Jen-Hsun has his mind on performance

"and so they need a processor that can keep up with the A4. If not, be much better than what the A4 can do"

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
My next will be no worse than a Tegra 2. NVidia set the bar, now they just need their partners (*cough* HTC) to provide us with the devices.

martin0642

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
The iPad is the first decent example of how to make computing available in a quasi-new market. There is something to be said for the tight integration and compatibility of having control over the app environment combined with the large number of handsets attracting developers. That being said, I think I'll personally wait for the Android version.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I hope to hell HTC can overlook it's small share in Qualcomm to make a phone that could run some serious graphical applications.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
"JHH: the iPad is obviously a revolutionary product..."

No kidding?

How about incorporating an egg-frying chip, it will not only be revolutionary but amazingly space-saving-multi-purpose-frying-pan-with-screen-where-you-could-read-something-while-cooking.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
lol, if tegra is only as powerful as the A4 i'd be worried... the A4 is literally EXACTLY THE SAME as the stuff in the 3GS, just clocked higher!

also, nvidia: WRONG! smart phones are fast enough now! the focus is on EFFICIENCY and battery life more than performance! and your latest graphics cards are hardly a shining enforcement of your capabilities in that department...

still, on the performance side, its a powerful combination, and I would expect that first Tegra2 android device coming out at the end of the year to SERIOUSLY kick the ass of the iphone 4g!

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]"the iPad is obviously a revolutionary product"That sounded sarcastic to me.[/citation]
definitely not

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
And Sony Ericsson phones in the upcoming lineup Mr. Huang?

Well, if you get your ass handed to you in the GPU market (I think ATi won this round, though Nvidia probably has higher sales regardless), the mobile market is cool too.

The mobile market actually seems to be doing well, I'm guessing it's due to much more competition.

kyzarvs

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
[citation][nom]vaughn2k[/nom]"JHH: the iPad is obviously a revolutionary product..."No kidding?How about incorporating an egg-frying chip, it will not only be revolutionary but amazingly space-saving-multi-purpose-frying-pan-with-screen-where-you-could-read-something-while-cooking.[/citation]

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.