Obama Admin Wants to Allow Web Wiretapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
If thats the case, I want Obama to go to hell. I know they want to catch the bad guys before they do something bad, but ever since 9/11 we keep losing more and more privacy in the name of national security...

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
It's not limited to one party. It's not based on skin color. It's just plain madness. When will government start representing us and stop trying to force us to represent them?

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
This would just give them permission to do what they have already been doing since the patriot act started "protecting" us

FloKid

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Technically we are all being traced even now on the web. Each website can know your IP, and the moderators know what you are browsing. Nothing special here, just would weed out some of the baddies better.

peanutsrevenge

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2007
Typical governement stupidity.

Those with something to hide will simply encrypt their emails with inhouse encryptions, which I'm sure they already do.
Hell, they'll just encrypt their encrpyted encyptions to such an extent that by the time it's decrypted, the information will be useless to the decryptor.

rdawise

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
I would first like to thank Jane for doing a much better job of covering this than the much too political Anandtech "tech" site. It is really getting ridiculous over there...

Yes the ability to trace your communications have been in place in the US since 1994, but this seems to be a grey area for me. You are now creating (or we to ensure you have the ability to create) a back door for hackers to potentially exploit. As I have read, currently websites have the ability to wiretap you now (as if you didn't already know that), but this will create a sort of "ready-state" that at a moments notice could be utilized. Currently the site would first have to be notified, setup the wiretap, then execute. This bill will create sort of a "flip switch".

Grey area here...(leaning towards not liking this).

G

He has been able to do a lot toward promoting the new world order plan his bosses (the global elite) want at any cost. People like their internet and their privacy - I keep hoping enough people will finally get mad enough to say NO MORE CHANGE - NO YOU CAN'T - OUT YOU GO!

szadeklord

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Oh my Gosh this ir ridiculous, Obama keeps making this dumb bills that make us even more naked to the government and all in the name of "NATION SECURITY" bull crap

bsbsbsbs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
This isn't to prevent crime or to be able to track down criminals, it's purely for control of the people. The Government wants more control over it's people so they know exactly where we are and what we're doing and how often we wipe our asses. Don't be surprised when in 20 or so years, a law is passed for mandatory chips in every new born baby so they can "identify" us a lot easier. As if they don't wiretap the internet already anyway. Terrorism is a cash camel. It gives them "justification" on spending billions and billions of dollars on weapons, the army, etc which in turn boosts the economy.

grantman1100

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Right, I no longer support this administration. That's one less vote for you.[/citation]
I never supported him, looks like I made the right choice.

G

so i guess after they started putting bombs in cell phones the terrorsts stopped using them lol.

aleccj1

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Ridiculous... This is why I'm slowly losing faith in our government. National security my ass, pretty soon they'll be "wiretapping" our thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.