Ocassional short buzzing noise when playing music in Windows

ptfitzy

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
I am getting an occasional hum or buzz when playing music. It only occurs when playing Internet Radio. It occurs approx. twice an hour. It doesn't matter what station I am listening to.
I have a one-year-old Desktop which I purchased with Windows 10 already installed.
I've heard it also occurs when playing You Tube videos.
Thanks,
ptfitzy

Solution
How long does the buzz last?

Speakers - earphones? Wired, wireless?

Check that all connections are snuggly in place. Could be some resonance in the desktop causing a loose connection to vibrate more.

Watch what is running in the background via Task Manager. See if the buzz corresponds with some app starting and stopping.

Be aware of what is going on around you: other devices being turned on, appliances being started and stopped. I.e. interference of some sort.

How long does the buzz last?

Speakers - earphones? Wired, wireless?

Check that all connections are snuggly in place. Could be some resonance in the desktop causing a loose connection to vibrate more.

Watch what is running in the background via Task Manager. See if the buzz corresponds with some app starting and stopping.

Be aware of what is going on around you: other devices being turned on, appliances being started and stopped. I.e. interference of some sort.

Solution