Oculus Rift and PSVR FOV Differences Question

Tyler LM

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
So I know the PSVR is listed to have an 100 degree of FOV while the Rift and Vive is 110 however those are not necessarily true or exact....

My question is on your experience what one has the better FOV (Non modded "Stock") I use the PSVR adjusted to be as close to my face as possible using the Glasses "Slider Adjuster" and I see probably about 105 degrees of view... is the Rift about the same or is it more?

I do know the PSVR has about your entire vision vertically if you do not move your eyes however horizontally is definitely way lower since you see the black if you are not fully immersed in the game.

Tyler LM

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
So from what I have found the Vive has about an 32 percent increase in FOV over the Rift however the Vive has a horrendous looking rings on the lenses that are atrocious.

So I would say overall an 30 percent increase is not major but is a decent jump.

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
The FOV seems so minimal compared to frame-rate / processing power for a more comfortable experience.
And comparing PSVR to a VR Ready PC isn't really going to be a fair comparison to the PSVR.

The experience you get in a PC VR system will always be better than PSVR, as PSVR will be better than a Cellphone VR experience.
Relax.. have fun.. in the end, PSVR gets all the cool proprietary games. :)

Tyler LM

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
Eh, FPS is around the same really... the visuals is a good jump and the tracking is a tremendous jump... I would say the bigger area of better quality comes from the tracking and visuals however visuals on PSVR is still good enough to fully immerse you..................... until tracking cuts out.

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
Really? Wow! I didn't think the Rift graphics chip would keep up with VR demands.
That said, I haven't had a chance to try out a PSVR environment. I've been curious to try Rec Room on it. (I think it is a fair baseline.)

Oh, and for tracking.. try punching your wall with your Vive Controller in Drunken Bar Fight, and we can talk about "tracking problems". SOOOOOoooOO can't want till the new Vive Controllers are released. :)

Tyler LM

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017

Yeah but the thing is this, atleast the Vive immerses you so much you dont know your surroundings... The PSVR you always know your surroundings cause well if you dont you will loose tracking... (There is a safety system for Rift and Vive to help you with that to)

Also yeah the Rift actually has visuals on the level of the Vive but with less SDE.. Tracking on the Rift and Vive is the same if you have the Rift with 3 sensors and or 4 if you have the USB ports for it or the money.