Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I ordered office 2003 pro from anysoftwares.com for a good price. To good to be true.I recieved it and it was a volume license product, I installed it with no problem and it activated. The problem is when I went to update it , Microsoft said it was not valid. The web site is no longer running where I bought it from. I can continue to run it but with no updates. Any comments on this beside "if the price is to good then it's not." Bruce

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
it was most probably one of those scam sites that sell warez (cracked software) for considerably lower price as "legit product".

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
I think I read awhile back that if you report it to Microsoft, they'll either validate or send you a new version, no doubt at a cost. Check Microsoft website

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
No discount mentioned. something funny tonight, even though microsoft said my pro was invalid, the automatic updates updated my 2003 pro to sp2. That is strange. My 2003 pro also says it is activated. Go figure that. Bruce

Zoron

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
If it were a volume-license product, it would NOT require activation and when you went to activate it, it would have told that that "This product has already been activated".

When you update Office 2003, your original install files are usually required. If you don't have access to those files, Office will NOT update. This means if you installed directly from the CD, have it in the drive when you perform your updates.

Zoron

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
You can try... and when it asks for the install files, point it to the folder you copied the CD to... it may or may not work. I usually copy the CDs to a folder, then install from that folder... it saves me from having to hunt down the CDs again if I need to update Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.