Office365 Activation Problems

karst2002

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015
I installed office 16 on my granddads pc about a year ago using some shady AutoKms program. Now that activation isn't working anymore. I bought office365 for him.So I uninstalled the old office and using microsoft toolkit I also uninstalled Kms service. Then I installed office using my microsoft account for activation and it worked. In word under subscribtion it says activated using this email. But when I check activation in cmd it still says KMS in the type of activation. And status is "notifications" instead of "licenced" So what should I trust
He lives quite far apart from me so I don't want to make any more problems.

Solution

No, you bought a subscription that has a time limit and must be renewed periodically if you want to keep using the software. Check the documentation that came in the box. If you want a never expiring copy of Office you must purchase a copy of Office 2016.

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished

No, you bought a subscription that has a time limit and must be renewed periodically if you want to keep using the software. Check the documentation that came in the box. If you want a never expiring copy of Office you must purchase a copy of Office 2016.

Solution