Official: Microsoft's Kins Are Back in Verizon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If you want a phone to make phone calls and keep up on Facebook, these are not a bad option. However if you are not a 14 year old, there are better options for you.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]miloo[/nom]kin phone looks like a gay phone ~ no offend XD[/citation]

The edges are nicely rounded so they can "hold it right" (referencing the Steve jobs/iPhone4 x-ray joke).

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Sure are a lot of closet homosexuals in here deliberately lashing out to try and convince people otherwise.

What gave you guys away? Not too many truly heterosexual people really give a crap about gay/not-gay so they don't make it a point to mention.

Thilindi

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Let's see... a couple of things to point out...

You get a phone with an 8MP camera, wifi, and 8GB of built in memory for $49.99... and now there isn't a requirement for a monthly data plan.

Yeah, that SCREAMS ripoff to me.

This is what they should have done to begin with. I, personally, don't want a Kin Twom (I love my android), but for a feature phone, this is not bad. Yeah, they seem to be just selling off back-stock, but that is a good thing for the holidays, IMO. A lot of kids will get a killer specced phone from Santa this year.

Incidentally, the 29.99 plan is still unlimited and uncapped. I re-checked and re-verified this with Verizon both online and on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.