Old Droid to Get Froyo Before Brand New Droid X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabolical User

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Is it just me, or does it seem bit conspicuous that Steve Jobs true "motive" is, to turn the shiny-yet-oh-so-revolutionary iPhone 4 into a display item? Considering it's named iPhone 4 for how many drops the device will handle. Both physically and reception wise.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Diabolical User[/nom]Is it just me, or does it seem bit conspicuous that Steve Jobs true "motive" is, to turn the shiny-yet-oh-so-revolutionary iPhone 4 into a display item? Considering it's named iPhone 4 for how many drops the device will handle. Both physically and reception wise.[/citation]
Is it just me, or do people randomly bring Apple into threads with no relation?

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
There are already Froyo ROMs for rooted moto droid out there, but it will be nice to have the official version.

Also, FroYo hit AOSP the other day, so even more 2.2 options are about to open up for rooted users

Diabolical User

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]Is it just me, or do people randomly bring Apple into threads with no relation?[/citation]

In a positive way, I see where you're coming from. I should keep my comments pertinent to the news article. I didn't mean to rub you the wrong way.

walt526

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Disappointing (as a prospective Droid X buyer for whom it would be my first smartphone), but I suppose that it's perfectly logical for them to space out the release of 2.2: there's probably a surge in tech support requests and spacing them allows them to service customers more effectively.

thegreathuntingdolphin

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
I am glad cause...you know, this update was promised (at least the flash portion) since the first Droid came out. Its features have been promised and delayed again and again.

If the Droid X got flash before my Droid I would be pissed. "The droid will have flash!!!" I have been hearing that line since last October...

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Meh I don't even care. I'm not eligible for an upgrade anyway until October. By then, I'll probably get word of something better. Maybe DROID X² ?

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Yay! Counting down the days!!

Sadly, come July we'll probably hear of a delay from Verizon for the 2.2 update another month. Mark my words, folks, you heard it hear first!

After that though, it will be SWEEET! I can't wait for flash and performance improvements for my Moto DROID. Love it! Love it!

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]CChick[/nom]I already have 2.2 and Flash .... oh wait I have da Nexus One[/citation]

Me too.... but, oh wait, my phone is rooted =P

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]If all Android phone have similar hardware, couldn't they just release a single update for all phones?[/citation]
All Android phones are not created equal. Different manufacturers and different service providers means the stock froyo will have to be tweaked by each company.

Status
Not open for further replies.