Old Lady Hacks Off Armenia's Internet with Shovel

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]MattMock[/nom]Copper thieves are real scum. They cause massive damage for a small amount of scrap copper and usually target people who can least afford it.[/citation]
I was going to post the same thing. As with many crimes, the cost to the victim in many times the reward to the criminal. For ever $ they get from the copper it probably costs the owner $50-100 to replace it. Similar to how I got my bike stolen and they tried to sell it for scrap for $10 (the junk yard called the cops and I got my bike back). It was a $900 bike.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
The real problem here is that people like her are still having to make ends meet by stealing copper. Something must be done about this issue.

G

Sad commentary that an old woman of 75 would have to dig for scrap copper to sell in order to feed herself. Instead of crying about being internet-less, maybe we should re-focus our priorities.

Crashman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
[citation][nom]MattMock[/nom]Copper thieves are real scum. They cause massive damage for a small amount of scrap copper and usually target people who can least afford it.[/citation]It's true! Leave towm from a "nice" suburb of Detroit and come back to find all your aluminum siding and copper wire torn out. By "nice", I mean the places where people who make $50k/yr live.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]obsidian86[/nom]In Soviet russia you disconnect Isp[/citation]
hahaha!!
A lot of funny comments in this thread, but I think this beats them all.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]azcoyote[/nom]We have a "Scrap Copper" issue in AZ too.Illegals go to new building zones and steal copper wiring and sell it to the recyclers.Pretty much what this lady was doing no doubt. She just mistook the fiber for copper until she cut it I am sure...[/citation]

Give them free coper encased lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.