Old Nokia 3310 battery life

Feb 12, 2021
Hey!
I just started using an old Nokia 3310 and have tried two different ones both with the original batteries and then a new replacement battery (1250 mAh). The battery dies after max 10 min of phone calls. Text msgs don't seem to drain the battery as much.
Any ideas on the matter?
What could the reason be?
The modern telecarriers use different signals and therefore the phone uses too much battery compared to 20 years ago?
Thank you for your help! :)

Sounds simply like bad batteries. Was this new battery made new or was it an old one just not used? Even a new one it's not likely it was made well, those generic batteries are not often good.
You should check if the phone has a bunch of bands it may be trying to connect to also, it may be searching for a connection but even then that should not drain the battery that fast in a call.

Feb 12, 2021
Okay! Thanks!
New battery..And tested with 2 old ones and two different phones also.
Maybe I should try another battery if there shouldn't be any problem with the compatibility of the new network and the old Nokia 3310..

Feb 23, 2021
Hi, I've been using my old 3310 for almost 8 months now, and I've always had the same problem with the battert. It didn't bother me enough, but now I'm starting to get sick of it. Sometimes when I phone someone the phone dies in a matter of seconds when I'm talking to the person. But sometimes it doesn't happen, and I can make 5/6/7 long phone calls and only then have the need to charge. I wanted to know if you found a website selling any good battery. I bought my phone in second hand, and it didn't came with the original battery, but I don't know where I can buy a new one. Thank you

Reactions: Vickevicc