Old School SLR Body in the Digital World

Shockway

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
All digital camera manufacturers. Please provide me an all mechanical Body wherein the only electronics mimic wet film ASA settings by altering the Focal Plane Array sensitivity. A light meter, too, but that's it. I'll buy that camera today. Conversely, all these modern cameras, with their depth of functionality, get in the way of educating the young artist about the medium of photography. It should only ever be about Light. Simpler devices would also be more affordable. Give me a 32 megapixel, Pentax 1000' manual only, SLR, and free me from technological absurdity.

Shockway

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Thank you for your answer. I'm looking for an un advanced DSLR. I don' think it's out there. I would like manual focus, shutter speed, and aperture. It's not about ease of use, really, it is about getting rid of all the electronic fluff. It's a purest kind of mentality. I bet a lot of photography buffs would love it. I don' wish my camera to be a Swiss Army knife. I would like incredible optics, digital memory, no preview screen, a shutter button, a shutter speed dial, F-stop on the lense, an ASA type of setting, and a light meter I can see in the viewfinder. That's it. Got one?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Check this link for some options:

http://entry-level-dslr-camera-review.toptenreviews.com/

Really a matter of what features you want. Unfortunately, your initial assessment is somewhat correct. Most DSLRs are very complicated and are less than easy to use. The simplicity of film (as well as the quality of the output) has been largely lost in this digital world.

"The old order changeth yielding place to new!" It's time to change to the digital world!

I was a film camera (Nikon) buff for some decades and reluctantly changed over to digital; now I am glad I did! I can still use my DSLR in Manual mode as desired.