saffronworsell

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Hi,
I have been having trouble with my SLR Camera. I recently took off the lens and inside the body of the camera a small white/sort of see through plastic square fell out, which a presume is part of the mirror, and now when i take a picture it comes out blank.
And when i look through my camera lens I can see but there is a sort of hazy black circle around the edge.

Please help me out if you can as I have no idea where the little plastic square has come from and im guessing it needs to be put back in!?

Thank you!

phil22

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
It's the first time I've heard of a part falling out of a DSLR camera through the lens mount. It could be the image sensor (or a part connected with it). The camera can't take pictures without it.

It will have to be sent in for repair as it's not possible to re-fit the image sensor or any part of it at home. Furthermore, if the part that fell out is in any way scratched or marked, it will have to be replaced anyway and such parts aren't available to the consumer directly.

I'd say you have good reason to claim against Olympus for this, regardless of the warranty status.