On GS4 how to move data from SD card to new SD card

LuAnn Marie

Estimable
Jan 12, 2015
My GS4 is having a few glitches. Pictures are not always showing up in Galaxy. I think maybe because my SD card is too full. I transfered all my pix onto my lap top and it still happens. So, I bought a new, bigger SD card. What's the best way to transfer what's on my old card to my new one. Do I want to transfer everything? Isn't there a bunch of junk like cache and data I don't really need? Can I delete all that stuff first or after I transfer it to my LT and how do I know what's important or not? Do I transfer everything all in one big move and then back to my new SD card? Do I have to format the file new card before putting all my stuff from old card on it?
Thanks for your help.

Solution
Well, the simplest way is to put the old card back into the tablet, connect the tablet to a computer and copy or move everything over to a folder on the computer.

Disconnect the tablet, swap out the old card for the new one in the tablet, then again connect to the computer via USB and copy what you want on the tablet from the computer to the new card in the tablet.

The bonus of doing it this way is that it is faster than any other way and also you can save, as a backup, the data on the computer.

And, what files you transfer off the old card is up to you, the only ones you need are the ones you want to keep. Photos, music, videos, etc.
Well, the simplest way is to put the old card back into the tablet, connect the tablet to a computer and copy or move everything over to a folder on the computer.

Disconnect the tablet, swap out the old card for the new one in the tablet, then again connect to the computer via USB and copy what you want on the tablet from the computer to the new card in the tablet.

The bonus of doing it this way is that it is faster than any other way and also you can save, as a backup, the data on the computer.

And, what files you transfer off the old card is up to you, the only ones you need are the ones you want to keep. Photos, music, videos, etc.

Solution