(ONE) 3.5mm female to (TWO) 3.5mm male not working?

Codi Bezouka-Smith

Estimable
Aug 18, 2014
Recently I purchased the AT-M30X headphones from Amazon (which isn't the issue) so that I could stream from a 2nd PC my gaming on Twitch. It works perfect the headphones itself but I wanted to hear both my gaming PC's audio and streaming PC's audio at the same time.

What I figured would work which it kind of did in a way but not completely is the splitter(s) that I just purchased:
- 1X one 3.5mm female to two 3.5mm male
Arkv3xL.jpg

- 2X one 3.5mm female to one 3.5mm male
LKBLhRw.jpg

So I had each of these cables running to a separate PC to get audio from both of them into the one pair of headphones. When trying this out I seemed to get audio in one computer just fine (the streaming PC) but in the gaming PC I couldn't get ANYTHING other then static. When I tried to play music from my Spotify playlist, again nothing.

Solution
What your first cable is doing - it connects directly headphones' output of the PC1 to the headphones' output of PC2. You're lucky you did not damage anything.

What you need is "headphones mixer" (ur multi-channel headphones amplifier) - a box where both outputs get mixed, and output to the headphones. This box could be as simple as four resistors, or as complex as headphone amp.
What your first cable is doing - it connects directly headphones' output of the PC1 to the headphones' output of PC2. You're lucky you did not damage anything.

What you need is "headphones mixer" (ur multi-channel headphones amplifier) - a box where both outputs get mixed, and output to the headphones. This box could be as simple as four resistors, or as complex as headphone amp.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS