One speaker is very quiet, I know is hardware, can this be fixed?

Zequez

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
The setup is the following: one output from computer connected to the bass as 2 inputs, left and right, then it has 2 outputs to the left and the right speaker.

The right OUTPUT is quieter than the other, I know the problem is between the right input and output because I tried the following:
- Interchanging inputs from the computer (right to left, left to right): same result, the right OUTPUT is always quieter
- Changing the cables: same result
- Interchanging right and left speaker: same result, the one connected to the right output is quieter

I opened the bass and I didn't found anything abnormal :S

What do you think it could be? What should I look for?

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
the bridge is for current or voltage?
maybe you can change the bridge for more or less resistance to get the buzz to go away.
but
if you find that you need both, current and voltage, then the sound you are hearing is one of the pieces that are noisy..
meaning you lost something in the circuit that would have made the noise go away.
that noise might be totally natural for the piece and last a long time.. but the noise could also be a sign that something is seriously off, despite working, and could be some insight to a future failing component (or other pieces that die with it).

sounds like if you had it patched pretty easy by an electrical repair person, the decision to upgrade the piece wasnt completed to remove the noise.
sometimes you cant add another circuit to remove the noise because the extra circuit throws off everything else.
and that is one of those 'just live with it or get a new one' type of situations.
boils down to the electrical repair person not able to get their hands on the piece needed to function with no noise.
or
it boils down to the electrical repair person not able to get their hands on the auxilery circuit with low enough resistance (or possibly higher resistance).