Online tracking software (for statistics?)

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012
I have this project to do in class, and the basic premise for what I've decided on will involve tracking how many visits I make to specific domains.

Is there an easy program to use that will help me do this? I use Win10 64x Chrome browser.

Additionally, is there such a thing available for Android?

Solution
No problem.

Your browser may provide such history.

Mozilla, for example, will capture and record website visit if the feature/function is turned on. And not set to delete the history when the user exits the browser.

CRTL+H will bring up the history with various View options: by date, by site, by date & site, by most visited, by last visited.

"Most visited" may be the applicable view for you.

Take a look at your browser's settings and see what browsing history can be noted and retained.

As for software I googled "how to monitor website visits by company computers"

Found this application:

http://www.browsereporter.com/how-to-monitor-website-visits/

Changed the search to "how to monitor website visits by home computers"

Found...
Since this is for a class forum rules prevent doing your homework for you.

You did not mention what course this if for: a programming language, HTML, Statistics ....etc.?

Are you being permitted to use such a tool ("easy program") as part of the overall project or is writing that tool the actual project?

There are tools to do visit counts but they focus on recording or counting incoming hits on a website. You are looking at tracking what you, an end user, has historically done.

However, again without knowing the details about the class and any imposed constraints I will suggest Powershell.

You can write script that would accept a URL, open the applicable browser and pass along the URL. Then, after a successful connection, (versus just an attempt to visit) store/add the URL into some history file.

Overtime the history file would grow and could then later be parsed to sort and count all of the respective URLs you have visited.

Conceptually very straightforward. Implementation a bit trickier I think.

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012

Reading into it a bit much..... I want software that does this. Not something I made.

If you must know, it's for a class project where we have to monitor something we do and change it. Part of the project is quantifying it. Ergo, having software to track would be helpful.

Sorry I'm being vague, but I don't know where else this username is associated with and I would rather not face trouble for it.

No problem.

Your browser may provide such history.

Mozilla, for example, will capture and record website visit if the feature/function is turned on. And not set to delete the history when the user exits the browser.

CRTL+H will bring up the history with various View options: by date, by site, by date & site, by most visited, by last visited.

"Most visited" may be the applicable view for you.

Take a look at your browser's settings and see what browsing history can be noted and retained.

As for software I googled "how to monitor website visits by company computers"

Found this application:

http://www.browsereporter.com/how-to-monitor-website-visits/

Changed the search to "how to monitor website visits by home computers"

Found the following:

https://activtrak.com/

Take a look at both website products and then vary the search words and phrasing as you deem applicable.

Solution