Solved! only one ear works on headset on my laptop but both work on my kindle...HELP

Nov 12, 2018
I just bought a new headset as I had the same problem with my old one, thinking it was the headset but when I plugged it in..I still have the same problem. The headset works fine when I plug it into my Kindle. What could be wrong? Thanks!

Solution
Try another headset on the laptop and kindle just to verify the symptoms: i.e., one ear works on laptop, both ears work on kindle.

What OS on laptop? Windows has numerous audio related configuration settings. Right click the small speaker icon and look through all of the menus, windows, tabs, and properties settings.

The built-in Windows troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Or you can reinstall the applicable audio drivers.

Key is to determine if the problem source is configuration, software/driver, or hardware.
Try another headset on the laptop and kindle just to verify the symptoms: i.e., one ear works on laptop, both ears work on kindle.

What OS on laptop? Windows has numerous audio related configuration settings. Right click the small speaker icon and look through all of the menus, windows, tabs, and properties settings.

The built-in Windows troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Or you can reinstall the applicable audio drivers.

Key is to determine if the problem source is configuration, software/driver, or hardware.

Solution
Nov 12, 2018
Thank you so much for your help. I only have one headset but I do have some speakers I could try. I have Windows 10 and my laptop is just a little over a year old. I will look into what you said. I am hoping it’s an easy fix. I use the headphones for medical transcription so it is imperative that they work correctly. I appreciate any help anyone can offer! Thank you for your time!