Only Usb 3.0 ports aren't working

parsa.osunlou1998

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
Usb 3.0 ports suddenly stopped working
I have a msi gs73vr 7rf stealth pro . I was using it and i plugged in my mouse but it didn't recognize it , so i tried bunch of other stuff , none of them work in any of usb 3.0 ports , only usb 2 port works. I went to bios and still nothing gets recognized when i plug stuff to them, but shows up when i plug them in usb 2 port. So what's the problem , it's about a month i bought this laptop why did this happen?

Solution
Unless something was turned off in the settings, which seems very unlikely, then I would think hardware. However, it can't hurt to check in "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager". Open the list for "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and locate the one for that port. Then check to make sure it isn't changed, needing driver updating, etc. If it has nothing in it that seems altered or needing updating then right click on it and choose to "Scan for hardware changes". This may give you more details.

Should none of this help, then I would be thinking hardware.
Unless something was turned off in the settings, which seems very unlikely, then I would think hardware. However, it can't hurt to check in "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager". Open the list for "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and locate the one for that port. Then check to make sure it isn't changed, needing driver updating, etc. If it has nothing in it that seems altered or needing updating then right click on it and choose to "Scan for hardware changes". This may give you more details.

Should none of this help, then I would be thinking hardware.

Solution

lukesbizbox

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
Old drivers got in the way for me. my case 3.0 and 2.0 worked...my mobo 2.0 worked but my 3.0 only charged, i made sure they where all up to date. i brought my hard drive in from my old computer but had not got rid of the old drives. i learned and disabled the old drivers by looking at dates and i checked the dates first of anything that had 3 like names because my laptop had 3 usb but my deskop is in pairs of two and 4. i just disabled the old ones and am glad i finally worked out the bug so i want anyone to keep this in mind....how fresh is your data? is it old and cloned with migration mix up baggage like mine? So now i need to just delete those old ones.