Oops: Windows Phone 7 Won't Have Copy & Paste

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

wrong wrong wrong! ballmer tried to pull a bill gates from the early 90's by copy/pasting apple's UI to windows. that's what it was. case closed. /sarcasm

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]Being the number 1 phone company in the States ??[/citation]
LOL What? By what metric? Motorola has the largest market share of all phones. RIM has the biggest smart phone market share. Reality Distortion Field running at max.

I think these are mistakes by Microsoft, but it's good news for Android. Windows Phone 7 could have been competition for Android but with the news coming out lately it looks like Android isn't going have any competition at all.

G

maybe apple has a silent patent on copy/paste on touch screen mobile devices and ms doesn't want to stir the pot.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]LOL What? By what metric?[/citation]

market share bud, it's losing some customers to Android, but is sitting at 63%

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/03/06/verizon-iphone-needed-apple-loses-market-share-to-android/

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
this just proves that sometimes(often?) intelligent people dont have much common sense.

number detection? how about if i wanted to copy something that they cant detect? like prices, or quotations or anything that i want.

just put the feature and let us decide whether we need it or not. really, how hard can it be to implement?

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Wow. Them Microsoft folks are making a bad move. A smart phone is a computer. A computer should be able to support swapping data between applications on some level or another for user-friendliness..

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
micro$uxx locked again in the apple copy / m$ paste "innovation" cycle?
The wintarded micro$uxx fankiddie herd used to collectively cry out loud about iphone lacking multitasking, and copy/paste... Finally, all those wonderful "features not bugs" made it to their favorite gamer/drm o$ supplier's castrated "next gen" phone flavor.
Time to celebrate...

mikeinjbay

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]market share bud, it's losing some customers to Android, but is sitting at 63%http://www.product-reviews.net/201 [...] o-android/[/citation]
Must be takling about smartphones - no way that 63% of phones sold are iPhones!

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
*facepalm* How on earth could they not see that the obvious desire for copy and paste functionality, and furthermore how have they not learned from Apple's mistake and instead fallen into the same trap?

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Wonderful. This might be a Windows Millenium Redux, when a new iteration of a OS was so shitty nobody upgraded.

What feature will strip next? Mail? Third-party applications? Tethering?

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
Don't need copy and paste?! Well technically you don't really need arms and legs. You could just lie around all day and have people feed you, but that doesn't mean that it's not nice to have arms and legs. What a silly statement.

kyzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Having used copy and paste twice in the last three times I've used my ancient Blackberry 8310 curve this morning - I think I'll stick with 'old tech' then...

Xaake

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
[citation][nom]mikeinjbay[/nom]Must be takling about smartphones - no way that 63% of phones sold are iPhones![/citation]

Actually, reading the article and following the sources shows that the marketshare that is being talked about is not in sold phones or phones on the market, it is a messurment how much webtraffic is being generated from different mobile devices, and in this case 63% of all mobile generated webtraffic in the US comes from IPhones.

So this could for example mean:
1. All smartphones generate the exact same amount of webtraffic in daily use, thus 63% of all smartphones are iPhones.
2. The iPhone generate ten times as much traffic as other smartphones thus 6.3% of all smarphones are iPhones

Of course the truth is somewhere in between these, but the fact is that iPhone users use the web more, both due to the fact that the iPhone in itself uses the web a lot, and that it is simpler to surf the web using an iPhone than a lot of other smartphones (I own a windows mobile phone and it is a pain to surf with).

Status
Not open for further replies.