Oops: Windows Phone 7 Won't Have Copy & Paste

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bboysil

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
What do they mean we don't use copy paste? I use it every time I get the chance on my WM6.5 device. For example a friend of mine asked me to help him cheat on an exam so I sent a COPY PASTED text message from Wikipedia... about 15 SMS messages, imagine how much time it would have taken me to write that.
PS. I don't agree with cheating but he is my friend :p

caparc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
More phones are manufactured by far than desktops or notebooks yet they are painfully expensive, similar to the specialized machines before PC's. When phones become open archetecture commodities like PCs all this silliness will end.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]market share bud, it's losing some customers to Android, but is sitting at 63%http://www.product-reviews.net/201 [...] o-android/[/citation]
LOL... Don't read into the fine print, just take the number at face value. Reality Distortion Field into overdrive!

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]ossie[/nom]micro$uxx locked again in the apple copy / m$ paste "innovation" cycle?The wintarded micro$uxx fankiddie herd used to collectively cry out loud about iphone lacking multitasking, and copy/paste... Finally, all those wonderful "features not bugs" made it to their favorite gamer/drm o$ supplier's castrated "next gen" phone flavor.Time to celebrate...[/citation]
what did you say?

bluey332

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
With regard to the IPhone's total market share as a mobile phone (not just a smartphone), they have a measly 0.12% share of the market. Not so impressive if you ask me.

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Update to the article, it looks like a lot of these complaints in the comments are moot. Lack of mulitasking, lack of copy&paste... at least they are going to add it in via an update. It seems like they are pushing for a hard release date though, they probably want to get it out on the market as soon as possible even if a few features aren't included. At least they aren't immediately disabling to the phone's functionality.

They do seem to be adding them, or announcing the features, a lot quicker than Apple was for the same.

Compulsive1

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
"As it turns out, the development team actually knows exactly how they will be implementing copy & paste in WP7S but did not believe it could be implemented without affecting the release schedule they’ve committed too and therefore will be including it in an update down the road."

I know this is a tech site, but journalism requires a certain command of the language. The writing in that sentence is just atrocious.

G

Isnt this the second article in as many weeks that iMarcus iYam posted that bashes M$ and is later updated (read: investigated) and turns out to be false?

Just a question/observation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS