open back headphone sound leak ?

rderubeis

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015
If i have the computer in the same room as where i sleep, will the sound leak wake my fiance up when im gaming. I never used open back before. Im use to my a900x which are closed, but i can't afford to get them again. Also if shes talking on the phone or something in the same room as me will it distract me so i can't hear my game ?

Solution
as far as if open headphones would bother your fiance, it depends on how loud you play volume and how close you are. if you are across a room and keep volumes reasonable then you may be fine. if you like to play volume loud then you may have an issue. keep in mind that even closed cans will leak sound just less. you cant pump the volume up on closed cans with anyone nearby either or they will hear a little bit as well. another factor to consider is if she is easily disturbed when sleeping or not. its not a black/white scenario and depends on many factors whether or not you will be okay with open or not.

a900x is the closed version of the ad900x which is a bass light wide soundstage headphone used for gaming oftentimes. it has a little...
In your situation, open-back headphones are not a good choice:
http://www.howtogeek.com/191416/ask-htg-whats-the-difference-between-open-back-and-closed-back-headphones-and-which-should-i-get/

Any chance of moving your rig to a different room if you can't afford to buy more suitable headphones?

rderubeis

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015

No i wish. Are there any closed back u can recommend similar to the a900x

Helping members choose an actual make/model of headphones is not my area of expertise, there are other advisors here who are much more informed about that than I am, I don't even own any PC headphones (no need for them).

I suggest you start a new thread with that specific question if you want speedy purchase suggestions.

as far as if open headphones would bother your fiance, it depends on how loud you play volume and how close you are. if you are across a room and keep volumes reasonable then you may be fine. if you like to play volume loud then you may have an issue. keep in mind that even closed cans will leak sound just less. you cant pump the volume up on closed cans with anyone nearby either or they will hear a little bit as well. another factor to consider is if she is easily disturbed when sleeping or not. its not a black/white scenario and depends on many factors whether or not you will be okay with open or not.

a900x is the closed version of the ad900x which is a bass light wide soundstage headphone used for gaming oftentimes. it has a little more bass and slightly less soundstage than the a/ad700x and a/ad500x.

why cant you use your a900x for gaming?

what budget were you on? what amp/soundcard are you using?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS