Opera Accuses Apple of Blocking Open Standards Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
I am so fed up with this lawsuitthis, patent that... as far as I am concerned, Apple is dead. There will be no Apple products in my small IT outfit. Period.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
If Apple has already engaged in similar behavior before, I can not understand why this comes as a surprise.
Fool me once...
Or, otherwise put, once a d1ck, always a d1ck. And they wonder why so many people can not stand them.

kristoffe

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
Apple is the shining example of bad business practices in America. Not that Best Buy, Microsoft, or AOL are lint free, but Apple is uber shady and the shining light for a nation of low self esteem gadget hoarders (not that their design and UI/UX is bad at all).

EightyFour

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Apple is just such a cesspool...

they're just antithetical to anything that made tech so great and the principles that propelled the industry..

mtkl

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
The source for this article is: http://my.opera.com/haavard/blog/2011/12/09/apple-w3c

May I note that there's a disclaimer at the top of the blog, stating that 'Even though I work for Opera Software, the opinions stated herein do not necessarily represent those of my employer.' Opera as a company not released any press statement on the matter, so parts of this article are completely incorrect.

mtkl

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
[citation][nom]mtkl[/nom]The source for this article is: http://my.opera.com/haavard/blog/2011/12/09/apple-w3cMay I note that there's a disclaimer at the top of the blog, stating that 'Even though I work for Opera Software, the opinions stated herein do not necessarily represent those of my employer.' Opera as a company not released any press statement on the matter, so parts of this article are completely incorrect.[/citation]

Oops, is there no edit button? I didn't notice the source link at the top. Even so, this isn't an official Opera statement.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Apple doing what it does best. Why do I hate Apple more and more by the day? Ummm, it must be because I love my freedom.

It is the duty of every intelligent free loving person to fight, smear, and denigrate apple and its crap hardware at every turn.

Silence is complicity.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
[citation][nom]mtkl[/nom]Oops, is there no edit button? I didn't notice the source link at the top. Even so, this isn't an official Opera statement.[/citation]
On TomsGuide, there isn't one. Only on Tomshardware for now.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
And the bad publicity keeps piling up. I haven't read anything good about apple in a while. A lot are getting pissed off by the greedy fools running apple.

john_e

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom] A lot are getting pissed off by the greedy fools running apple.[/citation]

Sooner or later Samsung, HTC, Motorola, and all high tech companies will all band together and sue Apple to kingdom come.

After all wasn't it Steve Jobs that said he was prepared to go Nuclear on Samsung even if it meant spending its billions cash reserve to the last cent?

The only ones who will have a great Christmas / Holidays will be the lawyers.

in_the_loop

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
It seems like Apple really want to be opposite of Google in all departments. Besides doing the opposite of being open source, they are trying the hardest to not fulfill googles matra "Don't be evil".

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Doesn't this sound just a wee bit like the wonderful folks at RamBus and the crap they pulled with JDEC by secretly getting their patented tech into the rambus memory standard and then after everything had been finalized and rambus RAM started being manufactured and used, demanding royalty payments from all the JDEC members?

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]in_the_loop[/nom]It seems like Apple really want to be opposite of Google in all departments. Besides doing the opposite of being open source, they are trying the hardest to not fulfill googles matra "Don't be evil".[/citation]
Google is not evil at all. They just want to know all your private details and daily habits so they can make money off you.

Status
Not open for further replies.