Opera Freezes Computer (when visiting certain sites)

camouflage212

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
Hello,
I've been having a small problem recently that causes my Opera browser as well as my entire computer to stop responding for a few seconds before unfreezing while visiting certain websites. I've tested another browser, Google Chrome, and the problem doesn't seem to happen with that one. I've also noticed that on one site, IGN, the advertisements surrounding the contents of the page are missing on Opera, the browser I'm having the issue with, but are present on Chrome. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flash, but after I did that, which was about a week ago, the problem seemed to occur more often. Are there any other programs I should attempt to reinstall to fix this problem? The only add-on I currently have installed on Opera is Adblock, but I had this issue before that add-on was installed. I've also done updated anti-virus and anti-malware scans with AVG, Spybot and Malwarebytes, but nothing turned up. The only two sites I can recall this problem happening on are IGN and Gamespy and one other that I can't remember the name of. They were all legitimate sites. Any idea on what could be causing this? Thank you so much!

*EDIT*
I can confirm that Google Chrome is now having the same issue. I can also say that Adblock on Opera was the reason the advertisements on IGN were missing.

camouflage212

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I apologize if we're not allowed to double-post, but the problem still persists, and I've given this post a good amount of time to get a response. Is this something to be concerned about? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks again, any response is greatly appreciated.

*EDIT* Recently EA's Origin application started causing the same issue when initially starting it up after booting my PC, and I don't know for sure if it's related. The problem has seemed to die down significantly while logging into the sites that originally caused the problem. I'd really like to know what could be causing this, or if it's even anything to worry about. Again, sorry for posting twice in a row, but this thread has been posted for a few months and has received no response. I appreciate any reply, and I really appreciate everyone's time. Thanks!