Opinion on connecting a monitor to my laptop (URGENT)

jd4reals

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
I'm planning on connecting my ROG G752
(specs on it)
to a ultra 4k HD Monitor (thinking about this one monitor) , and after connecting them together, I plan on connecting my Xbox One X to the monitor. My question is, is this possible in working? Like, using my G752 as a laptop, and the new monitor to display the xbox one x. I'm planning on fixing my crappy setup in to a setup with this beast of a laptop combined with another monitor, and with a mac on the right side. Please answer soon, the days of purchasing are coming!

Solution
I'm not entirely sure where this is going, but starting with the monitor we can establish that it has 1 Display Port and 2 HDMI HDCP 2.2 ports.

This will allow you to connect the ASUS to the monitor via the DP cable, the Xbox console via an HDMI cable, and a 3rd unit using another HDMI cable.

Just make sure to use HDMI 2.0 cables - most likely one such cable will be included in the package, but for more units via HDMI you need to buy HDMI 2.0 cables. Also read some of the user reviews, like on this web site:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-32-led-4k-uhd-freesync-monitor-black/6051028.p?skuId=6051028&ref=199&loc=TnL5HPStwNw&acampID=1&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-utIFI.ArRyXtkd4.I3ycog

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Edit: I just noticed that your ASUS...
I'm not entirely sure where this is going, but starting with the monitor we can establish that it has 1 Display Port and 2 HDMI HDCP 2.2 ports.

This will allow you to connect the ASUS to the monitor via the DP cable, the Xbox console via an HDMI cable, and a 3rd unit using another HDMI cable.

Just make sure to use HDMI 2.0 cables - most likely one such cable will be included in the package, but for more units via HDMI you need to buy HDMI 2.0 cables. Also read some of the user reviews, like on this web site:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-32-led-4k-uhd-freesync-monitor-black/6051028.p?skuId=6051028&ref=199&loc=TnL5HPStwNw&acampID=1&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-utIFI.ArRyXtkd4.I3ycog

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Edit: I just noticed that your ASUS doesn't have a Display Port. You'll need to get a USB 3.1 Type-C-to-DP adapter.

Solution