Optical and Analog outputs from MOBO

damunk

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
I am on my holidays and today has been a waste. over 6 hours!! on trying to find a way to get buttkicker analog output (bass shaker) working along side optical output.

Basically I want to play a racing game with 5.1 optical and use the bass output from the amp which is jack lead all together and get the best experience.

So from the rampage mother board I have the optical lead going into the surround unit and one jack lead from motherboard going into bass kicker amp.

Everything works but not together when in youtube or in game.

I can get them working together only in the realtek hd program.

Please help me. I need to have 2 playbacks! with two green ticks. 2 default devices.

Or I need to maybe buy (see pic below)

41r3hCsS4eL._SY300_.jpg

$(KGrHqNHJFQFGuIyNOt4BRzgJeEM0!~~60_35.JPG

1) 2 way optical adapter and use in conjunction with
2) a digital to analog adaptor

and basically run one output from the motherboard and use this two adapters inline and feed the buttkicker amp and the logitech surround.

my Hardware:

Rampage extreme 3
logitech z680 surround sound dts thx bla bla

Solution
If you split and convert the optical output you will have to use the PC volume control to adjust the volume of the speakers and buttkicker together. That would maintain the amount of kick vs sound. If you feel comfortable doing a little hacking you could tap the input to the subwoofer speaker itself with speaker wire and feed it to a speaker to line level adapter like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/330593999790?lpid=82
which would feed the buttkicker amp. That way it would only receive bass which is better for it and you can adjust the relative volume of sound and kick with the control on the adapter if you don't have one on the amp. This would also allow you to use the volume control on the Logitech to control everything.

damunk

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
I managed to get two outputs working in windows ssddx.
I got optical working with a music video in youtube.
And I opened up windows media player and in the options there I selected the analog output and played both together at the same time.
The optical was playing through speakers and the analog I bass and tuned it out from the bass shaker.

Windows does allow one default device yet I managed to do this.

HOWEVER: I could not get either youtube or the media player to output two times. This is what I need. The application two allow/use both types of signal!

So your right in about using splitter and adapter. Do you think it will work with those two adapters?

Optical from motherboard into 2 way output optical adapter. One of the outputs straight into the surround sound and the final output from the adapter into the digital to analog transmitter adapter.

Any thoughts guys.

to be honest... this problem plagues quite a few people.

it might be hardware dependent or software dependent... hard to say

looks like the users in this thread found a few sound cards which output both at the same time? not sure but worth a read
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1651965

i know that i've never had a card (and i know my current motherboard) doesnt do both at the same time.

if you didnt want to try one of those soundcards... then the splitter sounds like it should work...

personally i just use a receiver for my system and a home theater amp which connects right up to that.. so my setup is easy.

If you split and convert the optical output you will have to use the PC volume control to adjust the volume of the speakers and buttkicker together. That would maintain the amount of kick vs sound. If you feel comfortable doing a little hacking you could tap the input to the subwoofer speaker itself with speaker wire and feed it to a speaker to line level adapter like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/330593999790?lpid=82
which would feed the buttkicker amp. That way it would only receive bass which is better for it and you can adjust the relative volume of sound and kick with the control on the adapter if you don't have one on the amp. This would also allow you to use the volume control on the Logitech to control everything.

Solution

damunk

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
You are the audiophile! Hehe this could be the way out for me.

So are you saying I could open up the subwoofer and solder the wire in and feed directly into the BUTTkicker amplifier?