Optical cable dilemma i have going on here

Shinigami187

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
So i'm currently shopping for a ultra-wide monitor and I've noticed that the one i'm possibly interested in doesn't have a digital audio out to get audio from my 5.1 surround sound receiver and wanted to know how i could get analog(3.5mm headphone jack) to optical cable(not toslink) for my receiver. Also i'm not audio savy so hopefully i didn't get any terms wrong.

Monitor i'm interested in
LINK

My receiver manual Yamaha HTR-5930
LINK

Audio solution like this would be ideal but beggars can't be choosers lol
LINK

Shinigami187

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
So basically if i do buy that monitor, i want to have a way to use the optical cable that i have and hook it up to that monitor to get 5.1 surround sound audio. Hope that makes sense.

Shinigami187

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011

i actually found this by accident but wouldn't a sound card with optical out solve my issue or something similar? Since most of the time, i'd be watching movies or shows on my pc so having a direct connection would solve this issue. Right?

UPDATE: i connected my optical cable directly to my motherboard and it works :).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eboogie202 Audio 1
Z Audio 1
Not_techy Audio 1
K Audio 2
J Audio 1
M Audio 1
S Audio 1
R Audio 1
K Audio 2
K Audio 2
Q Audio 1
P Audio 6
I Audio 2
J Audio 2
S Audio 1
J Audio 1
V Audio 6
S Audio 1
S Audio 1
B Audio 2
Similar threads
Question connect panasonic tv to bose station using optical cable
Question No 5.1 sound Win10, splitter hdmi2.2 IN/passthrough/optical+hdmi2.2 OUT, 4k 60Hz uhd projector, dolby atmos soundbar
Question Vizio sound bar stopped recognizing digital optic cable
Question Optical cable to AV out put
Solved! How to get my lg magic remote to control my sony stereo receiver connected through optical cable
Solved! I plugged in my sound at via digital optical cable and when I select digital on the sound at it makes a loud noise
Solved! Aux cable or optical aux cable
Optical cable hooked up the soundbar I have the cable hooked up to a soundbar on a LG 32-inch TV it works fine on HDMI 1 HDMI
Solved! Sonos Soundbar + Westinghouse TV - No ARC/Optical Audio Options
Solved! Connecting sound bar to the tv through optical cable
Question sony dvdhome theatre system Davdx375 no digital optical , sony tv kdl60ex645 no arce hooked to cable box no sound through spea
Solved! Ultra thin optical cable
Optic cable to HDMI or other?
What kind of convert to use for LG TV without HDMI ARC port or optical cable port
I have LG sound bar and Philips DVD player but no sound coming through it I have optical cable from tv to sound bar which is f
Vizio 60": optical audio jack pulled out
Digital Optical Cable to USB?
How what optical cable to connect to a digital LG TV (no 3.5mm capability) to my Beats Studio headset? I purchased Aluratech a
My TV has optical output, but home theatre has 5.1 rca input. How to connet TV with home theatre via optical cable.
Trying to connect soundbar to JVC TV with no optical cable & RCA output

ASK THE COMMUNITY