OS Installation Fails

Lomaaaa

Estimable
Apr 21, 2015
Hello ,
I have a Samsung laptop model r540
Processor : Intel (R) Pentium (R) P6200 @2.13Ghz (2cpus) , ~2.1ghz .
my father brought it from south Korea .
the problem is the default keyboard input and the OS language is Korean .
I want to boot the laptop and install a new OS , currently its windows 7 professional.
Whenever i insert the bootable cd and restart the laptop no boot options are show
( Press any key to boot from the CD)
while it runs some other options ( recovery & system test etc) which is in korean language and I cant get that properly. when I try to run the cd manually from the my computer through it says autorun files missing and stuffs. so any possible i can boot my laptop easy way.
thanks in advance!

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
You have to set your boot order the right way in the bios. You have to but the cd as the first boot option. I understand it might be hard if the bios is in korean but this is how you will get to boot on the cd.

Lomaaaa

Estimable
Apr 21, 2015

and can u explain how to do it?

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Of course, when your pc boots up hit the bios key (different key for different models). Once you are in the bios look for something called boot order or boot priority or storage and then boot order. In that menu set the boot order to have the cd drive in first place. Once you did that save and exit and then reboot your computer with the cd inserted and you will get the "press any key to boot from cd" option. Voila!

Lomaaaa

Estimable
Apr 21, 2015

I did what you said to , the booting option came as I kept in order the booting options , then it displayed "press any key to boot from cd " option , but after I click the Install windows it displayed drivers are missing while my hard disk are working properly when I start the windows. It says to rescan , browser for drivers to continue the installation process.

Lomaaaa

Estimable
Apr 21, 2015
sorry for the delay in reply as i was having internet issues due to the earthquake here in Nepal ,
I installed the agent detected the drivers that needed to be upgraded, and installed all the drivers it detected but the problems still exists.