Oulook pst to Outlook.com

saas1980

Estimable
May 23, 2015
Hi,

I can't seem to work out how to transfer my Desktop Outlook Mail 'Personal Folders' to outlook.com.

What I have in my Personal Folders on the desktop Outlook are Hundreds of sub-folders under 'Inbox'. Sub-folders which also have further sub-categories (folders). For many years I have saved all relevant emails received in their respective folders including emails with attachments.

Is there a way of exporting all these to outlook.com? I am familiar with backing up via .pst but can't find an option to upload the .pst in order for this to work.

I should also mention I have my outlook.com email linked to my local desktop Outlook, which under account settings appears as 'Exchange ActiveSync'. Not sure if this info will help.

Solution
If you are using the desktop version of Outlook, you should be able to add an Outlook Data file (*.PST) into your current Outlook profile.
I believe as long as its not directly linked to an IMAP account, it should populate. Then just copy the messages/folders into your current account.

psoohoo

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
If you are using the desktop version of Outlook, you should be able to add an Outlook Data file (*.PST) into your current Outlook profile.
I believe as long as its not directly linked to an IMAP account, it should populate. Then just copy the messages/folders into your current account.

Solution