"Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironarmygeneral

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
Whenever I search up something, I get this message from Google:

"Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot."

Of course I am not a robot, however, when I try running antivirus and looking for trackers, I can't find anything. I have disconnected and reconnected to my wifi and switched channels to see if that helps, hopefully if it's a malicious tracker, I thought maybe taking away its access to my computer and going off the grid would help. It didn't. Antivirus found a couple of Pups (but they were just AOL and ASK! extensions I didn't want. I got rid of them, restarted. I've cleared my cache and passwords and everything. I've restarted my browser (I use Chrome), I've updated it to the latest update. I've used two different antivirus programs. Every time I try searching something in Google, I get that message and have to click the CAPTCHA thing to get be able to search what I am looking for. This just all the sudden started happening today. One minute it worked, the next, I'm getting this error. And all I was doing was watching YouTube. Nothing was downloaded, no sites were gone to except YouTube, Gmail, Google Plus, and that was it. I've changed all my passwords so I should be safe from that, at least for now. I don't know what else to do. I can't get rid of it and I'm concerned for the safety and privacy of my PC's online information. I looked up the issue and it says I might have a tracker on my PC, but nothing I've done has found anything.

Ironarmygeneral

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015

Uh... I can't? I have lots of important data I can't just get rid of nor do I have the money to revive anything if I lose it, especially the OS.

D JAY Cva

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015

you can backup your files ... boot into safe mode and transfer those files into external drive ,,, you don't have to pay for OS as long it comes with the system ,,, you can download the ISO for the OS for free and reactivate with the oem product key after the reformat

Ironarmygeneral

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015

Again, I can't. I don't have an external drive or the money to buy it. And I don't have the product key anymore. Plus this seems a bit... blown out of proportion for an error message? There's got to be a better way than to completely rebuild my system and re-image the system.

D JAY Cva

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015

well what i suggested is what i will do to protect my data and privacy if i suspected malicious activity in my machine. maybe someone else will have a better suggestion .. good luck

Ironarmygeneral

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015

Actually I just figured out new information.

I tried the same thing on a different computer (in fact it was on a Chromebook) and it's got the same issue, leading me to believe it's my network. Unfortunately I'm not paying for the internet at my house as I live with my grandparents, and it's my grandfather's internet and his house. Therefore I do not have access to anything if I needed to get into his router to check directs/redirects/searches/pings/lots/Etc.

Ironarmygeneral

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
And now, it's off and on.

Currently everything is working fine. I am beginning to think it's not a virus or malware or a tracker issue but something else. My router and modem have two channels, one is 2.4GHz and the other a 5GHz. My PC and Chromebook were running on the 5GHz channel, while my phone was running on the 2.4GHz channel. I swapped my phone to the 5GHz channel, and now everything worked fine.

Oh wait, nevermind... now it's back to not working. It seems to be on and off but I am assuming now it's a networking issue and an honest data issue and not a virus or malware issue.

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
I receive the same message from Google when I'm using my Bitdefender VPN. I started using Firefox and a different search engine while using the VPN and have not seen the mentioned problem in around 3 weeks now.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Searching for that text leads to:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/websearch/F25G1JQv2JA/cNsojUIZA6kJ

See if anything in there is a fix for you.

However...
I have lots of important data I can't just get rid of nor do I have the money to revive anything if I lose it, especially the OS.
You really really need a backup of some sort.
This google issue you're seeing is probably minor.
The next problem might not be. And all of your "important data" is gone gone gone.

Ironarmygeneral

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015

I have a backup of everything currently, but not a complete copy. I only backup what I need onto my extra drives, my important files. Everything else I can afford to lose and can just be reinstalled.

And I looked on the link you shared, there isn't anything there.

Ironarmygeneral

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015

I absolutely hate Firefox and I also don't use a VPN or anything so it can't be a VPN. And everyone else in the house has no idea what a VPN even is so it can't be them.

Ironarmygeneral

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015

Yeah, I read that thread when I looked up the issue.

For some reason it seems to not be an issue anymore, must have solved itself with time. Not sure exactly what caused it but as long as it's fixed now I guess I can move on. I wish I can still pinpoint the issue though so I know what to do if it happens again

Status
Not open for further replies.