Outdoor Speaker system with sub

Mar 31, 2018
I have a sonos connect amp running four passive outdoor speakers., sounded good. I wanted to get a little more thump so I bought a Polk Atrium Sub10 to give it more bass. Knowing that the sonos can not power all of it I also purchased a Dayton amp 230. Now I can't figure out how to wire it all. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. The sub has 4 wires, and I have two wires running to it. I could add another if needed.

Solution
You did not need an amp with built in crossover because the Sonos Connect Amp has a single RCA subwoofer output.
Since you got one that does there are two ways you can do this.
1. Connect the speaker outputs of the ConnectAmp to the high level input on the amp. Connect the outdoor speakers to the high level out on the amp. Connect the sub to the sub out on the amp. Set the crossover on the amp to remove bass from the speakers so they can play cleaner and louder. Adjust the bass level to
2. You can also leave the speakers connected to the Sonos and run an single RCA interconnect from the sub out on the ConnectAmp to either of the line level inputs on the amp. The Sonos will detect the cable and remove bass from the speakers.
Use option 1...
You did not need an amp with built in crossover because the Sonos Connect Amp has a single RCA subwoofer output.
Since you got one that does there are two ways you can do this.
1. Connect the speaker outputs of the ConnectAmp to the high level input on the amp. Connect the outdoor speakers to the high level out on the amp. Connect the sub to the sub out on the amp. Set the crossover on the amp to remove bass from the speakers so they can play cleaner and louder. Adjust the bass level to
2. You can also leave the speakers connected to the Sonos and run an single RCA interconnect from the sub out on the ConnectAmp to either of the line level inputs on the amp. The Sonos will detect the cable and remove bass from the speakers.
Use option 1 since it will give you more adjustment of the the crossover than the Sonos can. Be careful with the bass boost on the rear of the amp. You could easily damage the Polk sub with excessive boost.

Solution