Outlook 2010 missing emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

daalgoo

Estimable
Dec 3, 2015
Hi guys!!!

Please help me to understand what happened with my emails.
So, I was helping somebody with a "simple" email problem. I have been asked to remove one email account but keep all the emails. So I went to account settings and removed the unwanted address. When I've opened outlook again I was told by the person I was helping that last two months of his emails are missing?! I have imported every single pst file from his computer but still cannot find recent emails? BTW I am unable to connect to the email server anymore as the company has been sold. I have ran data recovery on the hard drive and managed to recover over 20GB of pst files, but again no recent emails.
So now I am thinking to myself, is the person I am helping telling me truth or have I done something wrong. If I have then how can that be reversed? I tried restoring the machine but it comes up with an error. Hard drive tested and it's ok.

Many thanks,
daalgoo

Solution
Just removing the account not needed would not have touched the email in another account, unless his inbox was one that was combined to show email from both accounts and the missing emails were really in the account that was removed.

Aside from PST files look for OST as that also contains emails.
Just removing the account not needed would not have touched the email in another account, unless his inbox was one that was combined to show email from both accounts and the missing emails were really in the account that was removed.

Aside from PST files look for OST as that also contains emails.

Solution

daalgoo

Estimable
Dec 3, 2015
Ok, I have some kind of progress. I found one OST file I haven't seen before. The only problem is that it doesn't want to import to Outlook? Error msg: The file in not Outlook data file?!

Status
Not open for further replies.