Status
Not open for further replies.

Pr1NcE

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016
Just Saw a thread on technoinferno to overclock i7 4700mq
The link is here
https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/9636-tutorial-4ghz-overclock-i7-4xxxmqh-to-i7-extreme-conversion-intel-haswell-cpu-microcode-bug-hack/

the dump or download of bios is required for microcode editing but where could i dump or download a09 bios for ALIENWARE 14

ALIENWARE 14 BIOS PLEASE ANYONE

Solution
I am going to say, if you can't find the BIOS on your own, you should not, by any means, be trying to modify that BIOS with an editor to try to overclock a laptop. It's not like this BIOS is hard to find, a web search brought it up immediately, and you can also look for it directly on Dell's support site.

The second thing I am going to say here, be ready to end up with a dead laptop if something goes wrong or you cook the CPU. How much do you want a bit of extra speed vs a working laptop at the stock speed? Enough to risk killing the laptop?
I am going to say, if you can't find the BIOS on your own, you should not, by any means, be trying to modify that BIOS with an editor to try to overclock a laptop. It's not like this BIOS is hard to find, a web search brought it up immediately, and you can also look for it directly on Dell's support site.

The second thing I am going to say here, be ready to end up with a dead laptop if something goes wrong or you cook the CPU. How much do you want a bit of extra speed vs a working laptop at the stock speed? Enough to risk killing the laptop?

Solution

Lutfij

Splendid
As one person's famous quote among my colleagues(someone somewhere) goes:
The answer to the question; "How do I do this?" is most often; "You don't."

So I will agree with the above poster that if you can't figure out where to download your BIOS from then you have no business tinkering with sensitive materials. The BIOS is critical for any system to function so if that goes down, then you end up with an expensive paper weight. On another note, the last time I checked you shouldn't overclock on your laptop unless Dell has specified it in their Terms of Use if your warranty is void upon messing about with it.

If you have a disposable laptop on your hand(alongside resources at your disposal) then you should go ahead but in retrospect you should be informed that overclocking anything reduces it's lifespan.

Status
Not open for further replies.