Overheating and shutting down

ExCyanide

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
Hello. Here's my question
I used to play games like Terraria and Robocraft with no problem at all in a crappy very old laptop, just a few fps drops, nothing out of common. About 7 weeks ago I had issues with my charger, it got a nasty cut in it that left it useless so I changed it to another one, and since then I've been having issues with my temperature while running such games mentioned above, it raises until my laptop shuts down.
I decided to dust my laptop a couple days ago but it didn't help at all.
I've seen some other people having the same issue and solving it with a little dusting and some heat paste.
However, I had never applied heat paste before and for several reasons I can't buy/get heat paste.
Is there any way to make heat paste at home without risking the laptop or maybe I don't even need to do that?
My laptop is a Siragon Model: SL 4110 btw
Also several web pages overheats my laptop to the point it shuts down
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

RandomGuy42

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
Hello! It sounds like the temperature issues in your laptop are definitely hardware related. Heat paste (A.K.A. "Thermal Paste") is definitely an important part of your laptop that conducts heat between the CPU (Processor) and the CPU cooler.

If you definitely are looking for heat paste, here is how to make some at home: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/355019-28-make-thermal-paste

Another potential problem is the charger. If you could respond with the exact model and brand of the charger, that would be great. It might be giving too much power to the laptop's internals, causing it to overheat and shut down.

If none of this helps (or the charger is unbranded, etc.) a laptop cooling fan could work- I would recommend this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Temperature-Display-Cooling-Auto-Temp-Detection/dp/B01NACVLWM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500167393&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=laptop+cooling+fan&psc=1

It pulls air out of the exhaust port, so it works a LOT better than other cooling pads.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

RandomGuy42

ExCyanide

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017

Hey, thanks ill sure be trying that heatpaste soon.

Also, about the charger:
Brand: Hunt-Key
Model: HKA03619021-8C
Input: 100-240V
Output: 19.0V 2.1A

and it gets way hotter that the laptop (not sure if this last bit was important)

Also, my bad for replying 14 days later